Sunday, April 13, 2008

Textures for final model

I forgot to put the description of the textures in my last post, so I put it here as an explanation.
Another reason is that I don't know why theres a picture missing and it doesn't let me re-upload to that post, so I'll put it here again.
This is the section of the whole model that was disappeared.







____________________________Upper___________________________________

This is a texture of the word describing 'crunchy'.
It is to represent that life could be fragile and from this texture, it suits Ricky's works as he makes a lot of sculptures of bones and skeleton.















This texture is 'glow', where I used it as a texture for the glazing. This texture is used because I think although Ricky's work are often about the dead, which is dark, his works also has some energy in it, such as 'Younger than Yesterday' I chose. This is like a strong beam of light shining inside a dark room, and everything starts to glow.








_____________________________Middle__________________________________

This texture was inspired by the word 'soft', where I use a lot of slowly drawn soft lines to create.

I want to talk about this texture together with the following one, 'strong'.
Because the works of Ricky and Piccinini are quite opposite, I used a lot of contrasting elements in the model. This feminine 'soft' contrasts with the masculine 'strong' to show that contrasting materials could be used together.








The 'strong' I used. The pattern is like one same shape that locks together firmly and it can't be easily broken.















This 'gradient' is to represent the transition of one place to another, from the upper studio to the lower studio.











______________________________Lower_________________________________

This is a texture that describes 'toxic'. I put this texture is not because I think her works are toxic, but the message she was trying to convey. Her work I chose is talking about genetic modification, where she uses a disturbing creature to show the situation. Although she was neutral in this debate, I was annoyed by the transhuman and I used this texture to show the problem of the modification.









The texture was inspired by the word 'wavy', which shows her feminine works of birth, packs and families.

No comments: