Sunday, May 10, 2009

Final Narrative+ Research for Project 2

Picture

Isamu Noguchi, Model of Play Mountain, 1933, plaster. Unrealized.PictureTengoku, 1977-78. Interior garden for Sogetsu Kaikan, Tokyo, Japan.  Photo:  Michio Noguchi.PictureModel of the Playgound for United Nations Headquarters, 1952, New York City. Unrealized. Photo: Charles Uht.

Isamu Noguchi has created his landscape so interesting so that it forms a playground by its own. This inspires me to have a concept to create a room that combines the meaning of a room and a playground as well.

__________________________________________________________

 

 075

 076084

 080

Sejima Kazuyo, Villa in the Forest

I’m always impressed in how Sejima created wonderful architectures by using simple geometric shapes. In this villa, she used two circles to create two different levels of privacy, also with windows aligned to have a lined view of the outdoor through the inner circle.

Through the study of this house made me rethink of my old design, which is an interior space and exterior space that is watched by the mother. I questioned whether it is necessary to put an exterior space outside the room, and therefore I changed my design to a room similar to this villa with two circles, where the inner circle is an indoor garden which is the playground for the child.

In this case, I will need to modify my narrative slightly, which does not change my main principles of this design.

 

Final Narrative

for the images and principles, please refer back to my older post(which is just below).

“An indoor playground for a child which is protected and secured by his mother.”

No comments: